Watching birds soar gracefully across the sky is a lovely sight, but when pigeons start to take up residence in your home or workspaces, they can become quite a nuisance. There is a whole list of problems that these prolific birds can cause, and it can become quite costly over time.
Each year, pest birds, such as pigeons, cause millions of dollars worth of damage to ventilation systems, roofs, and machinery; not to mention the cost to the profit margins they can cause. The constant noises and bird droppings can deter customers from entering your place of business.
Problems Caused by Pigeons
- Roof damage: Pigeons like to build their nests in the underside of roof corners, in rain gutters, and roof drains. It can cause a real issue when the drainage systems are blocked off, causing standing water to build-up on the roofs. Warehouses have been known to collapse due to these types of problems which can be costly to repair, but it can also be hazardous to those working inside the building.
- Blocked Ventilation: If pigeons build nests inside the ventilation systems or in the chimneys of your building, it can prevent the necessary airflow in and out of the building. And this can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning and the spread of diseases.
- Fire: Bird nests of any kind pose a fire hazard. Pigeons like to build their nests from straw and sticks which can be set aflame with the smallest spark.
- Disease: Pigeons are known to carry several serious diseases. Their droppings can lead to Histoplasmosis, which can have several serious symptoms such as fever and chest pains. They can also spread various infectious diseases.
- Droppings: In general, bird droppings are somewhat acidic, and pigeon poop is quite high in uric acid, which can be corrosive to limestone and sandstone. It can also be damaging to machinery, HVAC systems, and paint.
- Customer Deterrence: Having a building or an entrance that is covered in bird droppings doesn’t send the right message to your customers. It can ruin the company image by projecting an aura of being unkempt or that the company isn’t very attentive to details.
Get Relief with Pigeon Netting
This bird deterrence method is the humane choice for ridding your commercial or residential property from the nuisance of pigeons. If you have a pigeon problem, call the experienced technicians at SWAT Wildlife for help. We can inspect the area that is being targeted by the birds and install StealthNet Pigeon Netting. It prevents the pigeons from getting access to your building, and it is completely humane.
It is a long-lasting solution that can be color-coded to match your building materials so that it doesn’t stand out like a sore thumb. You will get relief from the pesky birds with a clear conscience, and you won’t have any unsightly wire systems or bird spikes marring your property. If you have a pigeon problem, call SWAT Wildlife today.